#1 What is an O-ring groove?
The installation space of an O-ring is called a groove. In the standard (rectangular groove), it is defined by its width and depth. The correct and standard-compliant design of the O-ring groove is crucial in order to achieve an optimum sealing effect.
What types of O-ring grooves are there?
1. Rectangular groove (standard)
2. Trapezoid groove
3. Triangular groove
#2 What do I have to consider when designing a standard groove?
- Compression in the groove should be approx. 20%
- 20% of the groove should still be free after grouting
- Always design grooves according to the standard tables available on the market
- Permanent elongation after installation should be less than 6%
- Permanent compression after installation should be less than 6%