#1 What does "mounting" mean?
Mounting is understood to mean the installation of an O-ring, for example. In many applications, installing O-rings is not as easy as it seems at first glance.
The correct installation of O-rings is always a decisive factor when it comes to the longevity of O-rings. The majority of failures are still due to incorrect assembly of the O-rings.
#2 What do I need to consider when fitting O-rings?
Checklist: These 6 points are crucial when fitting an O-ring:
1. No sharp edges
2. Use a suitable O-ring tool
3. Clean the groove space thoroughly before installation
4. Usee suitable assembly grease (observe media resistance)
5. Note the import bevel of 20%
6. Do not expand elastic O-rings by more than 50% during installation